Sunday, April 11, 2021

The Wielder Series by Franca Ogbonnaya

The Wielder Series by Franca Ogbonnaya is an exciting series of books set in a fantasy world populated with fascinating and diverse species. So far, there are two books, and a novella. I have read both books, The Novice Wielder and The Wielder Trials. The main character of both books is a young lady named Britea. The first story begins with her thinking she is an average teenager with nothing unusual or special about her, until she exhibits the ability to wield water.
Like in Avatar, there are four types of elements that can be controlled by wielders, air, water, fire, and earth. Some of the species I mentioned earlier are the Dyhaeri, a water-dwelling human like species, and the Alkynaia, sea-serpents who are intelligent. Oh, and did I mention there's an evil queen who drains the lives out of young wielders, in a sort of Elizabeth Bathory situation? While the series is only two books long at the moment (plus a novella) it promises to have more excitement in future books!
I've known Franca Ogbonnaya for quite a few years as an online friend. And when I found out she had gotten some of her books published I was so excited for her! She is a great writer (she even won a writing contest I had done a long time ago to celebrate the publication of one of my books) and I was glad that her books were published! The series is aimed at teens, but anyone who enjoys exciting adventures in fantastical lands would enjoy this fun series! The Novice Wielder was first published in 2018 and The Wielder Trials was first published in 2020.

No comments: