Friday, February 13, 2015

J. Scott Savage

One of my favorite authors of all time, is Mr. J. Scott Savage.  He is the author of numerous books, including the Far World series.  His latest book in this series, and also, sadly, the last, is going to be coming out in the near future, and it will be titled Far World: Fire Keep.  It will wrap up the adventure of Marcus and Kyja that was begun in Far World: Water Keep, and I am looking forward to it very much! 

One thing I read that I really liked on his website which you can find here, is that he is coming out with a new Steam Punk series very soon, called The Mysteries of Cove.  The first book of the series, which will be titled Fires of Invention, will be coming out this fall.  I am very excited about that.

The Steam Punk genre, by the way, is a genre that takes place in a Victorian-era style world, either ours or another, where the characters utilize complex steam-powered  machines throughout the course of the story.  It is a really fun genre, in my opinion!

Not only are Mr. Savage's books great stories, but he and his lovely wife Jenn are great people as well.

I have enjoyed following the story of his characters Marcus, Kyja, and Kyja's skyte Riph Raph on their adventures.  I will be sad to see it come to a close, but at the same time, I look forward to seeing Mr. Savage's new series, The Mysteries of Cove, and all the adventures that will come!

No comments: