Thursday, August 1, 2024

Dungeon of Dread by Rose Estes

Dungeon of Dread by Rose Estes was the first Dungeons and Dragons book I bought, and the first book that required readers to chose their own paths. I bought it from the school's book order form when I was in 7th grade.
It looked interesting, and I enjoyed medieval fantasy stories at the time, so I got it. I was pleasantly surprised that I would be the one choosing which direction the story would go, and liked the fun and suspense of not knowing if the path I chose would take the character, Caric, to safety or end up killing him. I enjoyed this delightful book when I was a youngster, and despite these times being different with different technology, I know that most kids still love to read, when it's something interesting, and would enjoy reading this book.

No comments: