Sunday, December 4, 2022

How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Suess

How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Suess is a delightful children's book that I have enjoyed since I was a child. I also enjoy the animated version of How The Grinch Stole Christmas, produced in 1966 and directed by Chuck Jones.
The Grinch is a sour hearted soul who does not the Whos because of their cheerfulness and merriment, especially at Christmas. He thinks all their happiness originates from their things, so he thinks he can get them to be glum by stealing all their material possessions! Will it work? The ending of the story is a lovely lesson for both children and adults, and I highly recommend the book and the 1966 animated movie for both children and adults! I liked another animated version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, produced in 2018 and directed by Scott Mosier and Yarrow Cheney. I recommend both movies I mentioned, and the book, to children and adults! The book was first published in 1957.

No comments: