Friday, February 19, 2021

The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan

The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan are a group of short stories written by the author of the popular Percy Jackson books. The short stories are fun for anyone who is a fan of fantasy and adventure, but may be more especially appreciated by fans of Riordan's work. I am only familiar with Percy Jackson through the movies, and this is my first experience with Riordan's writing. It was well done and exciting, and I appreciated his ability to put tension and excitement into his stories. These 4 stories shed a bit more light on a few of the characters readers get to know in his other books. People who know the stories of these characters more than I do, might have their heartstrings yanked on just a bit more. Being only slightly familiar with the stories, I felt the tug as I read Luke's story, having some idea of what is coming later after the diary entries of his that I read. All around, the stories are entertaining, and I recommend them to readers young and old who enjoy Greek mythology, fantasy, and fast-paced action. The Demigod Diaries was published in 2012.

No comments: