Saturday, October 21, 2017

Kanab Writers' Conference

I was very fortunate today to participate in the Kanab Writers' Conference which is held every year in Kanab. I taught a class entitled Helping Readers Suspend Disbelief, and I really enjoyed it. The attendees were great! They made great comments during class and really helped to contribute. I enjoyed visiting with them, and I hope they learned some useful ideas about helping readers suspend disbelief.

The ride down was long, as was the ride back, and because of the trip, I couldn't stay in Kanab for very long. I did get to eat lunch with the other conference attendees, and enjoyed listening to the keynote speaker who gave some great advice about the legal side of writing. (Contracts, protecting intellectual property, etc.)

Next year, the conference will be held again in October, on (I believe) the 12th and 13th. It's a bit of a drive for most people, unless you're lucky enough to actually live in Kanab, but it's a great experience! Check out the Kanab Writers' Conference page on Facebook, HERE!

No comments: