Friday, December 2, 2016

Helping Readers Suspend Their Disbelief

The very awesome Jennifer Bennett generously allowed me to be a guest blogger on the Author's Think Tank Blog. She gave me free reign to write about anything related to making great stories, and so I decided to write about something that all writers want to do well: helping our readers suspend their disbelief. I came up with six tips to do that:

1. Build Your World.
2. Remember Common Sense.
3. Do Your Research.
4. Create Convincing Characters.
5. Keep Your Narrative and Dialogue Consistent with Your World.
6. Keep Your Own Rules.

Read more about these six tips here. All of these, I feel, are important to remember when writing to help our readers immerse themselves into the story, and want to follow along with it wherever the author leads them.

No comments: