Friday, November 11, 2016

My Son in the Philippines

A Google Map of the city of Manila in the Philippines.
My son left the Provo MTC (Missionary Training Center) on Wednesday to serve an LDS mission in the Philippines. He called late that night from the airport in LA to let me know he was okay so far. And this morning, I got an email from him. He's arrived safe in the Philippines, so I am extremely glad about that. From what I understand, he and his traveling companions had a few stops. The went from Salt Lake to La, to Hong Kong, and then down to Manila.  I'm so glad all is well so far. I'm very proud of him making this choice to serve a mission, but I am also extremely nervous, too. I guess that's pretty normal! The map I've included is taken from the LDS Church's page about the Philippines Manila mission. You can follow this link to read more about it.

* * *

Philippines Manila Mission. 2016. Prepare to Serve. 11 Nov. 2016

No comments: