Friday, August 21, 2015

In the Wilds of Devon by Wanda Luce

In the Wilds of Devon is a thoroughly enjoyable regency romance. Alexandra is a very likable character, and I quickly became interested in her delima. Cecil was an absolutely despicable villain, but also a believable character. I really liked Rupert. He was a fantastic hero, and his motives were believable and real. While the characters were suited to the time period, none of them felt like cookie cut-outs. Each was unique and three dimensional. Both the good guys as well as the bad guy, and folks in between. The story drew me in very quickly, and I found myself rooting for Alexandra and Rupert, and hoping that they would find a way to make sure that Cecil got his comeuppance. There were dances and pretty dresses, and more than one firearm discharging, plus a few exciting and unexpected twists in the plot. The end, I found wonderfully satisfying, and I am very glad I read this book.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good regency romance!  Read more about it here, on Amazon!

No comments: