Thursday, May 28, 2015

Compendium by Alia Luria

I just finished reading a very exciting book called Compendium by Alia Luria.  The beginning was a little bit slow, but once it got going, I enjoyed this book immensely. I am always a fan of fantasy, and of world building, and the author, Alia Luria did a great job! I loved visiting Lumin and seeing through Mia's eyes. The way the world works, using plants as electrical conduits for their light, heat etc. was fascinating. I loved the twists and turns and turns of the plot, the unexpected surprises, the enemies that turned out to be friends, the friends that- well, I'll just say that part of the enjoyment of this book was learning along with Mia that all is not as it first appears. There were a few occasional errors in conventions, and there were more -ly adverbs than I cared for.   Additionally, there were a few minor cuss words here and there, but nothing over the top. Over all, the book was quite enjoyable, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good fantasy!

No comments: