Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Hobbit!!

Those of you who know me personally, know I am a huge fan of Tolkien and his stories. So it gives me great pleasure to express my joy at the official announcement that Peter Jackson is teaming up with MGM and New Line Cinema to produce The Hobbit in two parts. Principal photography is tentatively set to begin in 2009, and the release of The Hobbit set for 2010 with its sequel in 2011.

I can't adequately express how ecstatic I am about this! I think Peter Jackson did a phenomenal job with translating The Lord of the Rings trilogy into movies while staying true to the story line and the spirit that Tolkien created in his books. A tough job, I have no doubt, but I think he did it splendidly.

I look forward to the magic he will create with The Hobbit!

No comments: