Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, At The Sugar Factory Playhouse

I recently saw a delightful and well-done performance of a play I enjoy, The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, performed by he cast of The Sugar Factory Playhouse.

The story follows two friends, Jack and Algernon, who fall in love with two young ladies who mistakenly believe that both of them are named Earnest, and proclaim to their sweethearts that they could only truly love a man named Earnest. The two friends then go through all sorts of hilarious attempts to hide their true names from the girls, leading to all sorts of mix-ups and deceptions that left me and the rest of the audience laughing all through the play. I loved the ending!

The Sugar Factory Playhouse is a charming, classical building that houses a great group of talented actors, and I highly recommend it!

Every couple of months The Sugar Factory Playhouse performs another play, and I look forward to going to more plays again in the future!


No comments: