Saturday, April 21, 2018

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, performed by Bluffdale Arts

I recently saw a wonderful musical,Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, performed by Bluffdale Arts. I've seen this many times in the past, and have always enjoyed it. I really enjoyed it this time, too! The cast and crew of Joseph did a fantastic job. They used quite a lot of little kids in the cast, which I'm sure can be a bit scary for a director, but these little kids did a great job. The adult cast members were pretty great, too!

If you're already familiar with the story of Joseph, the son of Jacob, then you already know how the story goes. But Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat puts a modern, and hilarious, spin on the story. (Pharaoh has an uncanny likeness to Elvis, for example.) In 1967 Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice wrote the music and lyrics respectively. It was first performed in 1968, and has been a favorite for many people ever since.  The music is catchy and funny, and the story is upbeat.

Bluffdale Arts is to be applauded for producing such a great musical! My only complaint is that it isn't playing more nights! I hope to see more plays from Bluffdale Arts in the future, and I'm sure they'll be as great as this one was!

No comments: