Wednesday, January 17, 2018

New LDS Church Presidency

Russell M. Nelson, President
While I was sad on the 3rd to find out that Thomas S. Monson, prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints had died, I was pleased recently to learn about the calling of his successor, and his counselors.

Russell M. Nelson has been called to serve as the President of the church, and has asked Dallin H. Oaks and Henry B. Eyring to help him as his counselors. I'm glad, because I like both Elder Oaks and Elder Eyring.

Dallin H. Oaks, 1st Counselor
Elder Eyring had served as one of President Monson's counselors, and so has experience serving in the presidency. Elder Oaks has been an apostle since 1984. Both of them have a good amount of experience as General Authorities, and I am confident that they will help President Nelson considerably.

Henry B. Eyring, 2nd Counselor
I think these three men will do a marvelous job leading the LDS (Mormon) church, and my prayers and support are with them.

No comments: