Thursday, August 1, 2024

Circus of Fear by Rose Estes

Circus of Fear by Rose Estes is a Dungeons and Dragons Choose your Own Adventure book. In it, the reader is the main character, taking the part of the protagonist.
I enjoyed this book, because in this book, the main character is female, and since I'm female, I was more able to relate to the main character. The reader takes the part of Laela, a girl in a medieval fantasy world who is visiting a circus with a friend, Petra. The conflict starts almost immediately when Bombax confronts the children when they're petting a pegasus, chained by her ankle to a peg in the ground. After that, the adventure changes, depending on what the reader chooses to do. I enjoyed this book when I was in 7th and 8th grade, and it is still an enjoyable adventure for young people in middle grades, and adults who enjoy reading middle grade adventures!

No comments: