Monday, November 27, 2017

The King and I-Performed by Duchesne High School

The drama department of Duchesne High School, led by Mrs. Merrillee McKee performed a lovely play, The King and I on November 16, 17, 20, and 21. I saw the play the first two days. The story about Anna Leonowens and her experiences in the household of the King of Siam as she taught his many children is a very entertaining and moving story. There are sad parts and funny parts, and everything was performed exceptionally well. I thought the story of Tuptim and Lun Tha was very sweet and sad, and the ending also was sad, but also hopeful when Prince Chulalongkorn talked about his plans for the future of his country
.

The story was based partly on the true story of Anna Leonowens who was in fact the governess for the royal children. King Mongkut was the king of Siam, and his oldest son Chulalongkorn was his heir. To read more about the fictional story, and the non-fictional story, click HERE.

The play was performed very well, and I enjoyed it both nights. The cast and crew of The King and I should be proud of themselves!

No comments: