Monday, January 23, 2012

Every once in a while, a book comes along, that sticks in your mind, and doesn't leave because of how refreshing and fun it is. Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame is one of those books for me. I can see why it's a classic, and has been as popular as it has been for so long.
It's the story of four friends, Badger, Mole, Rat, and Toad. Toad is by far, the most colorful of the friends, getting into all sorts of trouble, and causing constant headaches for his long suffering friends. He's always getting into mischief, and hardly thinking about the consequences of his silly choices. (I thought he was particularly rude to the poor barge woman.) But his friends finally help him turn around in the end. (He even makes restitution to the barge woman, which I was hoping he would.)
It's a really cute, fun book, and I think all ages would enjoy it.

No comments: